Dynamo: This version of speckle is outdated.....I just updated

Hey all,

I have had speckle running on my machine and no issues with the nodes for Revit 2019 and dynamo. I just got Revit 2020 installed and speckle in dynamo requested for the latest to be downloaded. So I did, but now it won’t stop requesting it.

Speckle has no issue in Revit

Dynamo Core 2.2
Dynamo Revit 2.1

Any ideas as to why this is?

Hello @Hurkan!
That only means that you have a very ancient version of Speckle installed for Dynamo, when it was still distributed via the Dynamo Package manager.

Please uninstall that and run the latest installer instead: https://github.com/speckleworks/SpeckleInstaller/releases/latest

Hi @teocomi

Still have not got it working

Performed the following

• Remove speckle from dynamo package manager
  • Uninstalled speckle from my machine.
  • Reboot
  • Run latest Speckle installer

Under the view tab in Dynamo I do not have the option to manage my Speckle account. Speckle works on everything else apart from Dynamo. I know of someone else who has the same issue as me.

Mmm quite weird! Let’s check a few things:

• was the old Speckle for Dynamo removed successfully or do you still see it?
  • can you check the Speckle for Dynamo folder exists in %appdata%\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.1\packages
  • can you share a screenshot of your packages window image

Thanks

Speckle for Dynamo is not in package manager

within appdata there is a folder called ‘Speckle for Dynamo’

I’ve got a colleague reporting the exact same issue

@Hurkan and @daviddekoning
Can you please double check and let me know your exact Dynamo version?
Speckle for Dynamo currently supports Dynamo 2.1 and newer, it might be that you are currently using an older version?

I just tried the installer and it did work fine, so I don’t see why it shouldn’t work for you :frowning:

@teocomi, Revt 2019 is currently running

Revit 2020 is currently running

Thanks @Hurkan,

It will not work in Revit 2019 unless you update Dynamo to 2.1 or newer.
If you are still having issues in Revit 2020, can you please try this installer and let me know: https://github.com/speckleworks/SpeckleInstaller/releases/download/1.8.25/Speckle.exe ?

If you still have issues, I’d suggest we jump on a quick call to see what’s going on :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hey @teocomi,

Just thought you show the dynamo version for 2019 as well :slight_smile:

Speckle has been installed, but seems like the sender and receving nodes are not working regardless of anything I attempt.

I have attempted this in Dynamo Sandbox and once I click on the speckle node it throws an error crashing dynamo Dynamo Sandbox Error

I tried to use the experimental nodes to see if there would be errors. Not sure if it would help, but here it is Dynamo Speckle Error

Can jump on a call today if it works

Thanks

Hey @Hurkan,

Apologies for the mess-up, the release I linked above is carrying a bug that prevents the sender/receiver to work. I’ve unlisted it, but since you’ve already installed it, can you please install this new pre-release:

https://github.com/speckleworks/SpeckleInstaller/releases/download/1.8.29/Speckle.exe

P.S.
The pre-release above lacks the structural kit, which should not be a problem for you. We’ll be making an official release in the next few days!

Let me know if you can get it to work :slight_smile:

Matteo

Hello @teocomi,

All working for what I needed it to do. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hurkan

1 Like