Speckle Blender

Hello Speckle World !

I’ve been following Speckle for some time now … and recently, I wanted to give a try with the Blender plugin, but without great success. Does anyone knows how to work with it ? thanks !

Plus : I’ve been experimenting flow-based modeling with the Verse server, have look ! : https://github.com/rvba/echo

cheers !

Milovann

Hello @rvba! I think questions about blender should be directed to @TomSvilans, who has been AWOL for a while (he might be on holiday!)…

I’ve never heard of the verse server before, will check it out!

Hi,

Sorry, I’ve been out of the loop for a bit and am on holiday currently. I’ll try to make some time to check it out soon.

In the meantime, can you describe your limited success so far? Are you using Blender 2.79 or 2.8? I have started to adapt it to Blender 2.8 but I don’t think I made any public releases yet. Apologies again, will return shortly.

Hey Tom, thanks for answering.
Here’s what I’ve got so far :

• A Speckle server up and running
  • The Blender plugin installed (2.79)
  • I can see the operators with the spacebar

I’ve tried the “Speckle Add Account” but I’m stuck here…
What sould I do next ?
If you’re in holliday, there’s no need for immediate feedback !
Thanks fo helping

Hi @rvba,

I’ve created a separate branch for Blender 2.8: https://github.com/speckleworks/SpeckleBlender/tree/2-80

Take a look at that and see if it helps. I’m not sure how much time I will have to work on the 2.79 integration. Is this important? One of the caveats with the older 2.79 version is that there should already be Speckle accounts on the computer. This is fixed in 2.8 and could probably be back-ported, but I’m not sure how to gauge interest in a 2.79 branch…

Eventually I will merge the 2.8 branch into master, barring violent protesting.

Also, in 2.79, there should be a tab on the left, in the toolbar, called Speckle. This should contain more useful UI elements for loading accounts, importing streams, etc.