Rhino Plugin Comments & Feedback

Let’s get this cracking! We’ve got an (almost) usable plugin, now let’s hear it:

• UI improvements
  • UX flows
  • Bugs/Features
  • Heads up

Hey Dimitrie…
initial tests on the RhinoSpecckle and other than it is GREAT! a coupe of really small comments regarding the interface:

1. When adding a receiver, the drop down menu of your streams shows the oldest first and the newest last… shouldn’t it be the other way around? useful for when you have some 200 streams to your accoount!
  2. Being able to snap directly to the Speckle Geometry in Rhino would be really helpful!
  3. You can now hide the objects in the Streams individually but it would be great to be able to hide the Stream as a whole

First few comments, more will follow as we start getting our teeth into it!

Yes - noted. You’re right. If you’ve noticed, in the accounts panel this already happens :slight_smile:

I dream of this. I’m not sure if this one’s easy… @luis had an earlier version of this (last summer) in which there was automatic baking going of the “real” objects, and you could snap to those. This added though some “jank” and we decided to go for a more gh-like approach.

Actually you can! Doubleclicking on a layer’s visibility icon will toggle all of them on/off. Though yeah, this might need to rethought.

Thnaks for the quick reply!
I thought that snapping would have been somehow “messy” what you have see in Rhino is only the render mesh not the “real” object right?
Maybe the edges only of the obgect could be brought in to allow some limited snapping functionality? or maybe I’m talking out of my a**…

I’ll wait for @luis for this one. Though just edges - maybe could be snappy. Anyway, as it is now, the “hover” effects and stuff on the display conduit are rather slow. There’s plenty of optimisations that need to happen…