2.0 3D Web Viewer

have you checked out the new funky fresh 3D web viewer? still early days, but you’ve got materials, you’ve got sections, you’ve got buttery smooth 360deg swivels woohoo :tornado::sparkles:

here’s gif is from our still-under-construction docs website at speckle.guide

and a bonus gif in dark mode:

((we’re this much :pinching_hand: closer to my secret dream of a speckle indie game))

@dimitrie has been very hard at work on this as you can see in this very recent pic of him. feel free to test it out and leave some feedback below!

12 Likes

Hey @izzylys actually designed that race car! :racing_car:

2 Likes

alongside the rest of the edinburgh university formula student AI team! this was going to be the 2020 entrant for autonomous EV (accumulator and powertrain omitted from the model) :robot:

3 Likes

I’m fully onboard with the idea of a Speckle indie game. The web viewer reminds me of Lemmings

3 Likes

Hi there!
Are there any plans to add grouping&filtering capability to the viewer (in similar fashion it was present in Speckle v1) ?

Hey @simplynail , we have indeed quite a few issues pending on improving the viewer, we’re starting to tackle them this sprint!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Do we need to configure some specific loader to be able to use @speckle/viewer in a vue application?

Not sure about loaders, but you might need to add transpileDependencies: ['@speckle/objectloader'] to your vue.config.js to use the object loader…

Hey guys,

Why doesn’t viewer orbit under the objects? Its like if it has a base plane for orbiting and it doesn’t go under that plane. See the video below👇

3 Likes

Simply put, because other users have had different opinions - specifically a “table top” mode. For non-pros it’s easier to grasp, as apparently suddenly ending “under” the model can be very confusing.

As @Jedd wisely said, we’re never going to be able to make everyone happy here - there’s too many control modes for 3d views coming from various apps and a lot of muscle memory attached, which, one way or another, we will offend. The plan is to add an extra viewer configuration button where you’ll be able to toggle on/off various settings like this one, to make the offence partly easier to bear :bowing_man:

5 Likes

I agree you can’t make everyone happy. But I think looking under objects is an essential need, especially with the latest comments feature. Otherwise, I won’t be able to give any comments to ceilings :slight_smile: Great to hear you are working on control modes :clap:

1 Like

While shift+clicking to select multiple objects, if one clicks on an empty space accidentally, all selection is cancelled.

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Selection events and other issues with Viewer API 2.0